Why Outsource Your IT?
5 Reasons Why You Should Outsource IT Services
1. Better control of operational expenses – Most MSPs lump their services into some form of a monthly plan. Translated that means that you have but one flat fee to pay each month. Control of expenses such as staffing, overtime, training etc, becomes a far simpler task while affording ample opportunity to save money.
2. Take focus off IT and put it back on business related functions – Technology can be the big equalizer between small and large businesses. But it does require attention: monitoring, maintenance, upgrades and refreshes – not to mention repairs. This seemingly endless barrage of tech issues drastically takes away from your key business functions. A well-qualified MSP can help you get your edge back by allowing you to focus less on the back office and more on your core competencies – you know, the reason you got into business in the first place.
3. Access to highly qualified resources – Techs are expensive and the majority of small businesses can neither afford nor justify the high cost of technical individuals. MSPs have a much better economy of scale and since their focus is technical, an MSP can provide the best and brightest engineers at a lower cost than the average small business.
4. IT functions and staff limitations – Like most small businesses, you probably have one or two staff members who have become the de facto “computer expert”. Most got this simply by not being afraid to noodle with the computers as opposed to having any real measurable skill. And the reality is it probably isn’t the reason they were hired in the first place. MSPs have technology in their DNA – they can provide a vastly superior experience to “the guy in the warehouse who fixed the computer last time”.
5. Risk mitigation – Today’s technical systems are better than ever but still, infrastructure breaks down and sometimes it fails – miserably. This translates into downtime, higher cost and lost data. MSPs can help mitigate this risk through monitoring, maintenance, industry best practices and – above all else – expert consultation and technology road mapping.
What do you get from outsource IT services?
1. Flexibility – MSPs have access to huge numbers of vendors and resources alike. This means they can develop solutions that are scalable and grow with your business.
2. Product expertise – The goal behind all MSPs is to provide IT-related services. That means in order for an MSP to become successful, they need to be very knowledgeable with a wide array of products. Therefore, most MSPs hire folks who are experts in their fields.
3. Long-run savings – Over the short haul, it isn’t beyond the realm of possibility to actually save money by hiring internal staff. Still most companies, upon factoring in the cost for purchasing technology, cost of recovery (yes, you might lose all your data someday), maintenance and the ongoing cost of internal staff only to discover that IT costs quickly spiral out of control. While most MSPs offer a flat rate fee and are very good at keeping your equipment running ship-shape. Lower operational expense, increased uptime, and lower staff overhead are all great reasons to consider outsourcing as a cost efficient option.